Policies and procedures in effect for COVID-19 also known as Corona Virus
We are endeavoring to keep our employees and customers safe from the virus. As an essential business, we are still open and providing limited services and taking precautions. The following policies and procedures are being practiced:
- Elective services are subject to be postponed at the discretion of our management. These include upgrades, non- essential accessories and predictive equipment replacements. Essential services are still being scheduled provided there are no active cases or exposure at the job site within the last 2 weeks.
- Essential services defined. These include, but are not limited to maintenance, diagnosis, repair and replacement of defective equipment.
- Employees practice social distancing at home and work. Employees are not riding together in one vehicle if at all possible. They are maintaining 6 ft or more distance from other employees on the job within reason. Our office has been closed to field employees to reduce the likelihood of cross- contamination.
- Field employees are issued PPE. This includes masks, gloves, shoe protectors and disinfectant.
- Field employees reduce time inside the home/ business. These trips are planned to minimize time and exposure indoors. During time inside a customer’s facility, employees wear PPE and wipe down all surfaces they may touch like door handles, railings, thermostats, etc.
- Employees are trained in the facts vs myths of COVID-19 per published CDC guidelines.
- If customers prefer to postpone maintenance services during this time, they will not be penalized, preferred status and warranties will not be affected. However, the we cannot be held responsible for the results of deferred maintenance like breakdowns, moisture or air quality problems.
- We reserve the right to decline scheduling service if we feel the job site presents a greater than normal risk for contracting a virus. Prior to scheduling any service, our office will request the following information that must be provided truthfully: 1. Have your or anyone in your household/ jobsite tested positive or have come into close contact with anyone who has tested positive in the last 2 weeks? 2. Have you or anyone in your household travelled out of the country in the last 2 weeks? 3. Have you or anyone in your household experienced flu like symptoms, including fever, headache, cough, problems breathing or loss of taste in the last 2 weeks?
This policy will continue to be updated as more information is available.
Timothy R De Stasio
President- Southern Comfort Consulting and Service, LLC