Re: Policies and procedures in effect for COVID-19 also known as Corona Virus
We are endeavoring to keep our employees and customers safe from the virus. As an essential business, we are still open and providing limited services and taking precautions. The following policies and procedures are being practiced:
- Elective services are postponed. These include upgrades, non- essential accessories and predictive equipment replacements.
- Essential services defined. These include, but are not limited to maintenance, diagnosis, repair and replacement of defective equipment.
- Employees practice social distancing at home and work. Employees are not riding together in one vehicle if at all possible. They are maintaining 6 ft or more distance from other employees on the job within reason. Our office has been closed to field employees to reduce the likelihood of cross- contamination.
- Field employees are issued PPE. This includes masks, gloves, shoe protectors and disinfectant.
- Field employees reduce time inside the home/ business. These trips are planned to minimize time and exposure indoors. During time inside a customer’s facility, employees wear PPE and wipe down all surfaces they may touch like door handles, railings, thermostats, etc.
- Employees are trained in the facts vs myths of COVID-19 per published CDC guidelines.
- If customers prefer to postpone maintenance services during this time, they will not be penalized, preferred status and warranties will not be affected. However, the we cannot be held responsible for the results of deferred maintenance like breakdowns, moisture or air quality problems.
This policy will continue to be updated as more information is available.
Timothy R De Stasio
President- Southern Comfort Consulting and Service, LLC